The National Erasmus+ Office Lebanon HERE team, in cooperation with the Directorate General of Higher Education and the Arab Open University organised a roundtable on “Financing Higher Education” on December 2, 2016 at the Riviera hotel, Corniche Al Manara, Beirut.
The roundtable aimed at identifying the challenges facing the Lebanese Higher Education financing issues, the possible approaches that may be taken and that might improve the current state of play.
The European expert Pedro Teixeira, from University of Porto gave three presentations on :
- Financial Models in Higher Education and Rationales,
- Financing, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Financing, competitiveness and Revenue diversification.
Local experiences have been shared by:
- Joseph Al Assad, Head of Grants Division, International Affairs Office, USEK,
- Hana El Ghali, from Issam Fares Institute AUB
- Abdallah Nassereddine, BAU
A set of recommendations have been discussed and made.
More information and presentations of this roundtable can be found at the following webpage :