Erasmus+ is the new EU programme for Education, Training, Youth and Sport for the period 2014-2020. This seven year programme will have a budget of €14.7 billion to boost skills and employability as well as modernising education, training and youth work.
Erasmus+ brings together seven existing EU programmes in the fields of education, training and youth and introduces sport for the first time.
As an integrated programme, Erasmus+ will support transnational partnerships and will offer more opportunities for cooperation across these areas and will be easier to access than its predecessors, with simplified funding rules
Erasmus+ is structured over the following 3 Key Actions in addition to some specific Jean Monnet activities.
- KA1: Learning Mobility for Individuals
- KA2: Cooperation for innovation and good practices
- KA3: Support to policy reforms
Lebanese Higher Education Institutions and stakeholders will benefit from many opportunities for international cooperation provided as follows under each of these 3 Key Actions:
- Internatioanl Credit Mobility (ICM), Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD).(under KA1)
- Capacity Building in the field of higher education (CBHE)(under KA2)
- National Erasmus+ Offices, Higher Education Reform Experts, Publications, Studies, Events (under KA3)
- Jean Monnet activities